We are seeking a highly organized and motivated Plant Manager to join our team manufacturing hummus for national grocery chains and foodservice accounts. This position will oversee and coordinate the daily operations of our production facility and warehouse to ensure that production targets are met while maintaining high standards of quality and safety. The ideal candidate will have previous managerial experience in a production and warehouse environment, strong leadership skills, and the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of staff. This role reports directly to COO and will have direct responsibility over the operational budgets, setting continuous improvement standards, and maintaining quality of product.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Supervise and coordinate the daily activities of production staff
- Manage truck drivers pickup and delivery schedules while maintaining established efficiency standards.
- Ensure that production targets are met while maintaining high standards of quality and safety
- Manage the scheduling and allocation of resources to optimize production efficiency
- Hire, train and develop production staff to ensure that they are fully equipped to carry out their responsibilities effectively
- Coordinate with employment agencies as needed
- Handle personnel disciplinary action and employee disputes professionally in a manner aiming to build a positive working environment for all employees.
- Monitor production processes and identify opportunities for improvement Facilitate daily management rhythms to foster a culture of continuous improvement and accountability on the production floor and warehouse
- Establish and uphold systems that enable inventory accuracy and traceability throughout the production process.
- Ensure that all equipment is well-maintained and in good working order
- Ensure that all safety protocols are followed and that staff are trained in the proper use of safety equipment
- Coordinate with other departments to ensure that production activities adhere to established standards of efficiency and food safety
- Maintain accurate records and prepare reports on production performance and efficiency
- Maintain logs and records for food safety and batch tracing
WHO YOU ARE
- 3-5 years of experience in a production environment, with at least 1 year in a supervisory role
- Have or able to obtain State of Maryland Food Handlers Certification
- Ability to problem solve occurring issues in a creative and efficient manner
- Sense of ownership and responsibility to be there as needed to make sure the targets are met
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate and develop staff
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Solid understanding of production processes and best practices
- Knowledge of safety protocols and the ability to ensure that they are followed
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to analyze data and identify opportunities for improvement
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing principles is a plus
- Physical requirements: ability to lift 50 pounds
- Microsoft Suite experience; proficient with Excel
HOURS & COMPENSATION
This is a full time position and will be compensated $80,000-90,000 based on experience. This position is eligible for 3 weeks of paid vacation. All employees at Little Sesame are eligible for up to 12-weeks of paid parental leave. We provide significant opportunities for growth and development within our company.
If you are a motivated self-starter with a passion for production, and a commitment to excellence, we would love to have you join our growing team! To apply, please email email@example.com with a resume.
LS is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage and seek applications from people of color, bilingual and bicultural individuals, people who have experienced poverty, women, and members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical status.