Our CPG department is seeking a Production Assistant for weekend and weekday evening shifts. The Production Assistant will assist and facilitate production of new-to-the-market consumer packaged goods (CPG) food products, with a focus on our signature hummus.
WHO YOU ARE
- A detail-oriented person who can ensure the best product is being made
- A team player who is willing to help where and when needed
- Be able to work clean and efficiently to maximize production during the shift
- Enjoy learning new things
WHAT YOU'LL DO
The person most suited for this position will do the following:
1. Participate in food preparation
- Cooking of recipes
- Filling containers
- Sealing containers
2. Maintain a clean and orderly operation
- Dish washing
- Cleaning shop after all shifts
- Assist in maintenance of industrial equipment
3. Follow all food safety protocol
- Follow all DOH and company guidelines to produce product safely and cleanly
WHO WE ARE
At Little Sesame, we set out to build something different: to give people something authentic and delicious, food that’s good for them and good for the planet. And that’s what we’ve been doing since day one. We’ve built shops, hit the road, hosted dinners and concerts, and done some amazing collaborations, all with a commitment to growing the Little Sesame family around our healthy food, smooth hummus and sunny vibes. We take our detail-oriented, quality-over-everything fine dining attitude and apply it to every part of Little Sesame, from how we grow our business and connect with our community, to how we source ingredients and craft our seasonal flavors. We are a people first company. Many of our team members have been with us since day one. We offer 2 weeks of paid vacation and 4 weeks of paid sick leave to all employees. As employers we contribute to the DC government fund for Parental Leave and as such, you are eligible for DC leave payments. And we provide significant opportunities for growth and development within our company. We hope you’ll join us!
HOURS & COMPENSATION
Currently a part-time position paid hourly. $18+ per hour depending on experience. This role will evolve into a full-time position by early to mid 2022.