Join our growing Farmers Market team! In this role, you will be front and center at markets and must know everything there is to know about Little Sesame and our hummus. We participate in markets year round. This role needs someone who is willing to start as early as 6:30am on weekends. Markets are all outdoors - rain or shine.
WHO YOU ARE
- A detail-oriented person who can take ownership of the whole operation
- Enjoy talking to people
- A safe and responsible driver with a valid driver’s license
- Enjoy waking up early on weekends!
WHAT YOU'LL DO
The person most suited for this position do the following:
1. Load the Little Sesame van prior to the markets
- Make sure you pack everything you need for the market
- Make sure all paper collateral for markets is stocked
- Communicate any special needs with CPG production team
2. Drive and set-up the market stand on weekends
- Drive safely and responsibly to-and-from markets
- Set-up and break-down before and after markets; make sure all equipment is clean and stored properly
3. Manage stand during market
- Engage with guests; friendly and hospitable demeanor
- Maintain clean and orderly operation
- Pro-actively market Little Sesame stores and initiatives
4. Follow all food safety protocol
- Follow all guidelines from the county and restaurant to keep all product at correct temperature during market shifts
WHO WE ARE
At Little Sesame, we set out to build something different: to give people something authentic and delicious, food that’s good for them and good for the planet. And that’s what we’ve been doing since day one. We’ve built shops, hit the road, hosted dinners and concerts, and done some amazing collaborations, all with a commitment to growing the Little Sesame family around our healthy food, smooth hummus and sunny vibes. We take our detail-oriented, quality-over-everything fine dining attitude and apply it to every part of Little Sesame, from how we grow our business and connect with our community, to how we source ingredients and craft our seasonal flavors. We are a people first company. Many of our team members have been with us since day one. We offer 2 weeks of paid vacation and 4 weeks of paid sick leave to all employees. As employers we contribute to the DC government fund for Parental Leave and as such, you are eligible for DC leave payments. And we provide significant opportunities for growth and development within our company. We hope you’ll join us!
HOURS & COMPENSATION
This is a part-time position which is paid hourly. $20+ per hour depending on experience.